Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Continued...

 Kicking off our Girls' weekend, we lounged pool side and sipped coffee. Going over the "Itinerary" that Mr. Hubby left her, she read out what he had scheduled for us. 

"We have mani-pedis at NAMTI Spa at 1:00. So we should leave town by 12:30..." 

"That means I have to scratch off my Color Street..." I interjected. I never get my nails done at a salon. I am a loyal Color Street customer. Every two weeks I scratch off and replace the "nail stickers" as my daughter calls them.  

I hopped out of the pool and started the nail sticker removal process.

"Then we have a card reading at Mystical Bazaar at 3..."

"I've never had my cards read before," I called out from the edge of the pool. 

"Neither have I, and I've lived here pretty much my whole life." 

Sedona is known for its plethora of Crystal shops and psychics. So the fact that we had both lived there for as long as we did and never had a reading was significant. 

I was impressed that Mr. Hubby's Gifts were so spot on. I thought even though it was an inconvenience to remove my Color Street nails, I was glad he booked Mani-pedis over massages. At least we could sit and talk to eachother instead of being in different rooms. 

"Then we have Elote Reservations for 5:30!"

"Yay!!! Elote!!!" I clapped in gratitude for those reservations. 

Elote is where Bestie and I met. She was a server, I was the hostess. She and I were expecting our first kiddos when we worked there together. We went to the same birthing classes together. Then when our kids were born, we were frist time moms together. But it's all becuase we worked at Elote. So going to Elote has such a special meaning for both of us. 

I couldn't belive the day Mr. Hubby had planned for us. We needed to do this right. It's Covid, and we have one shot at a fabulous Girl's weekend! We went back to Bestie's house after we finished with the pool. We played dress-up from her closet. After zipping and unzipping, buttoning and unbuttoning, we finally landed on the "Mrs. Maisel" dresses. (She and I were both watching this show on amazon prior to the trip.) The outfits were a pair of 1960's inspired dresses that had been gifted to Bestie once upon a time. She had never worn them, nor taken the tags off them. So it was like putting on a new dress.


Our first stop was brought us to NAMTI spa. 


*Mani-pedis included champaign and chocoloate. Socially distanced and still able to chat.*


We headed next door after our nails were shined and our feet scrubbed. At Mystical Bazaar, we were greeted and taken into the back room for our readings. We both enjoyed getting some insight into what life had brought to us.


Once we finished, we had time to spare before our reservation at Elote. 

I decided that since I was visiting the birth place of Fun Dollars, what better thing to do than to visit my old haunts? We headed first to the outlet store in Sedona, Beall's. I spent many a Fun Dollar there. I found Judith Leiber Sunglasses, new boots and new black flats. I also scored some air buds, which I had been avoiding buying. I stuck to my old-school headphones for long enough. 

Then we headed to Tlaquepaque. This was a dream come true. Strolling through the brick-paved walkways dressed like Audrey Hepburn and turning heads everywhere we went. 

We stopped in at Caravan Jewelry, right next to the entrance to the chic eatery Rene. When I lived in Sedona, I worked for the owner of Caravana Jewelry. I assisted with the creation and manufacturing of some of the jewelry on display in the shop. Sometimes, I would get to take the new merchandise to the store and add it to the displays. I always loved doing this becuase of my background in fashion merchandising. (I love doing diplay work.) 

I picked up a pair of earrings I had always wanted. I decided to buy them and wrap them to give to myself as a Hannukah present. 



I also purchased a "Snowflake" ring. Besides the name being awesome, I love these "Snowflake" rings becuase they are all different. No two look alike. I tried all of the rings on, until I found one that fit. 



We left Caravana Jewelry and waltzed around visiting shops. We had to be careful where we wandered, though. There were three weddings going on while we were there and we had to dodge the camera patrol. We were diverted and shushed along with the thongs of tourists away from the wedding sites and photoraphers. 

Bestie and I finally found a place where we could have our picure taken that wasn't in the line of sight of a wedding photographer. 


   





And then...


It was time....


For ELOTE....!!!!



At their New Uptown Location! (behind the Matterhorn.)




!!!!!!!!




I had the Lamb!!!!

Meat that fell off the bone with the slightest touch...


And of course...The Cadillac Margarita....


Thanks, Mr. Hubby! (Also he was our server.) 

(Also, we did get a VIP tour of the new kitchen...with Jeff...you know...the owner...no big deal...)

 

Our night ended with a cruise through Red Rock Country.  With the windows rolled down we rocked out to Fergie's Glamorous, and some other old Black Eyed Peas songs from our "dance party" days. The stars flooded the sky,  and I could not have felt more gratitude than in those moments spent with my Bestie. 

The next day found us doing Zumba on the Red Rocks and Meeting up with Bestie's Friends and Family. 




We finished the night in Old Town Cottonwood. With Bestie's parents and a few other old friends, we ate dinner at the Tavern then stayed around for the Park N' Cruise. Bestie's Uncle Jeff set up their classic rock cover band just outside the Tavern. They played Long Train Running and Born on the Bayou while we danced out hearts out. The classic cars were driving up and down the street, a few were parked, and it felt like it could have been 1968. Old Town has that old vintage vibe, and it was the perfect place to end the Surprise Bestie Birthday Weekend. 

So, why am I just now sharing this story? This all happened back in September. I am sharing this now becuase of the present I bought for myself at Caravana Jewelry. Not the earrings that I set aside for my own Hannukah present, but the Snowflake ring that I wear every day. This ring is my go-to every day to remind myself of what I am capable of. It gives me hope and inspiration when I feel otherwise depleted. The idea behind Hannukah is to remember that we have light within us always, even when we feel like the oil in our lamp is gone, depleted, we have to find a way to "keep burning". The Snowflake ring is that reminder. I can keep going. I do have it in me. No matter what happens, I know I can take care of myself. This ring was purchased with my Fun Dollars on a trip I paid for (twice) to visit the person I know I can lean on no matter what. The Ring reminds me of how far I have come professionally. I used to work for the person who designed this ring, but I dreamed of  coming home and not having to live in Sedona. While I was there, I was able to enjoy the dream. but then go home to my reality. I was so happy to come home to my kids after the perfect weekend with my Bestie. This ring reminds me of those two beautiful points of light I get to come home to every night...my kids...

I should be so blessed. 

That is my light. 

That is my reminder. 




Happy Hannukah.

Mozel Tov. 


No comments:

Post a Comment