Sunday, December 21, 2014

Kids and the Holidays

My last few Fun Dollars were spent enjoying the Christmas Season with my kids. I took them both to see the model rail road setup at the Basha's Plaza. Every year, the Sedona Model Railroaders set up their layouts for the community to enjoy for a few weeks leading up to Christmas. I have taken Carrick every year since he was two. This year, Lily is old enough to enjoy the trains too. I gave each of the kids a dollar to put in the donation jar.


I spent some time with Carrick the week before school let out for break, and we each spent a Fun Dollar. I picked him up after school and too him to the Chapel of the Holy Cross for a special time, just him and me. Last year, we both lost our grandmothers. I took him to the Chapel to light a candle for his grandmother and to say a prayer to her. I did the same. It was a reverent time for us to reflect on the wonderful women that we knew and lost. We we each put a dollar in the donation urn for the candles we lit.



And this Friday, we left on a road trip to visit family over the holidays. My last two Fun Dollars was spent at a gas station to buy some sweet treats for the car ride.

Happy Holidays, and don't forget to enter the Fun Dollars New Year's Giveaway!

Donation to the Sedona Model Railroaders- $2.00
Donation to the Chapel of the Holy Cross- $2.00
Treats on the road- $2.00
Balance this pay cycle- $0.00
Happy Spending!

No comments:

Post a Comment