Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Very Smart Decision

I have saved my Fun Dollars for two pay cycles (one month) for a very special purchase. For ten years, I have been a loyal Mary Kay customer. I have also had multiple Mary Kay consultants from whom I have purchased. Many of them have approached me about becoming a consultant myself. I have never felt a draw to be a consultant. I just like someone else giving me excellent customer service...until now.

In early April, I received a facebook message from a long-time friend. She was the first person I ever babysat (as well as her two younger siblings.) I knew her from the church my father served from the time I was 6 to 14 years old. Before I left Illinois to life in Arizona, I bought some Mary Kay from her, because she was just starting out with her business. I have since made several other purchases  from her, even though I had a Mary Kay lady here in Arizona. I liked supporting someone I had known for so long, even if it wasn't exclusive.  She is now a newlywed, and seeing this young person grown into an adult with her own business has been so inspiring. (After all, it was because of her and her family that I made my first Fun Dollars for babysitting.)  In this facebook message from my old friend, she asked me if I would be interested in listening to a phone survey about Mary Kay and giving her some feedback. In return, she would send me a free hand crème.

Being a sucker for free product, I had no objections. I listened to the survey and contacted her. She asked me what I thought about what I heard on the phone call. She also asked me what my interest level was on becoming a consultant myself. On a scale of 1-10, I told her I was a 4.

"What makes you a 4?" she asked.
"Well, the idea of signing up just so I can get product at cost is really appealing. I have spent so much money on makeup over the past decade that it really makes sense.  However, I don't know if I can focus on a business right now."

She explained that I didn't have to order a certain amount each month, I only had to place one order for $200+ within a year to stay "active". That was what I needed to hear. If I saved up my Fun Dollars over the course of two pay cycles, I would have enough to buy a starter kit. Then I could order product for myself at half the cost, as well as have the tools to start my own business when I was ready for it!

I told her that I could commit to buying a starter kit at the end of May. I couldn't wait. Now all I had to do was be diligent with my Fun Dollars and make sure I held back enough to cover the cost of the kit. Out of all the women who have sold me Mary Kay in the past decade, this was the one woman I wanted to support by joining her team. I know her from so long ago and have such faith in her as a team leader that it seemed like a no-brainer.

Saving Fun Dollars in the long run because I am buying from myself, as well as creating a business funded by my own Fun Dollars is the smartest decision I have made with my Fun Dollars to date. I can't wait to get started. (I just received my starter kit this week, so there is still some training to do.)

 

I am now a proud member of the Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant Team!

Remainder of my balance this week plus $40.00 from last pay cycle to cover the cost of the Mary Kay Starter Kit- $108.00 (the rest of the shipping and handling was covered by our family's "Future Freedom" budget.)

Balance this pay cycle- $0.00
Happy Spending!




No comments:

Post a Comment