Friday, October 10, 2014

So Proud

I'll keep this one short and sweet. I am so proud of my son. He told us all week about his upcoming field trip. It was to be his first ever. His class was set to take the bus over Mingus Mountain into the outskirts of Prescott to Mortimer Farms. Each child would get the chance to choose a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. It sounded like so much fun. If I wasn't scheduled to work (and get my much needed hair cut) I would have volunteered to go as a chaperone. 

I signed his permission slip on Monday night and sent it back to school with him. On Wednesday night, our family was in the car, and Corey and I were discussing the field trip. He asked me if we had paid the teacher yet (it was a $10.00 admission fee.) I told him, "Not yet. I was kind of hoping Carrick would pay for it with his Fun Dollars." I was half joking when I said this. 

Carrick heard our discussion and piped up incredulously from the back seat, "I am paying for it with my Fun Dollars!" as if I were talking crazy talk to imply that he wouldn't!

Carrick is second from the left in front. 
I don't know if I have ever been prouder of my son, volunteering to pay for his first field trip with his own Fun Dollars. I must be doing something right...

Set aside New Year's Fun Dollars Gift Money- $7.00 (plus $3.00 to make it an even 10 from selling some kiddo stuff online.) 

Balance this pay cycle- $0.00
Happy Spending!

No comments:

Post a Comment