Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 2: Time to Spend

Since I have been recording my Fun Dollars, I don't think I have yet to start the second week of a pay cycle with $81.00. I usually blow through the Fun Dollars in the first week and keep about $20.00 for the second week. But this pay cycle, I have intentionally withheld a majority of my Fun Dollars for our family trip.

Tomorrow I fly out with both kids to visit my sister and her husband in Chicago. They live right around the corner from Woodfield Mall; a multi-level shopping mecca. It's almost absurd to think that $81.00 will go very far with the amount of shopping to be done there. But that's what I have, and I'll enjoy every dollar of it. Shopping with my sister is an event not to be missed, whether it's $20.00 or $200.00, it's the sister time that matters.

Ready to fly with her new suitcase.
I also talked to Corey about grocery money this week. Since I won't be at home with the kids this week, I get to take half of our grocery budget with me to foot our food bill. I can buy some groceries to contribute to the house of our hosts while we're there, as well as have some cash for a dinner out. I won't have to use my Fun Dollars for dining this time around. Hooray!

Yesterday, I did spring for a 5-piece chicken strip at Burger King, though. Carrick and Corey went to Flagstaff to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. I used the time of having one child in the house to do a thorough pre-trip cleaning. I didn't want to make food and dirty up the kitchen, so I took Lily with me for a quick lunch. It was worth the $6.00 to keep the kitchen clean and have someone just hand me food. All that movin' and groovin' with the house worked up my appetite.

Believe it or not, I really enjoyed cleaning the house. The thought of coming home after travelling to a clean house is its own reward. I'll gladly pay $6.00 for that.

Chicken strips at Burger King- $6.00
Balance this pay cycle- $77.00
Happy Spending!


No comments:

Post a Comment