Friday, November 7, 2014

Taco Tuesday

Yeah, baby! That's what I'm talking about! A happy-hour-style lunch date with my sweetheart!

There's really not much to say here.  If you sit at the bar and order a drink on Tuesday at Javelina Cantina, you can order unlimited $1.00 tacos. The tacos were schmamazing to say the least. You can choose from shredded beef, ground beef, shredded chicken, refried beans or black beans in your tacos. I ordered a ground beef taco and a shredded chicken taco. Both were way tastier than anything on a dollar menu from some fast food joint.


I ordered a Negro Modelo Draft beer as my drink in order to score the delicious delicacies. I had $8.00 left at this point in the pay cycle. The beer was $5.50, and the tacos were each $1.00. Corey was with me for lunch, so he pretty much picked up the tip with his Fun Dollars.

Oh yeah, and the whole reason I went in there in the first place was to eat their salsa. They seriously have the best salsa in town (sorry, Elote, yours is just too spicy for me.) I ate a cup and a half of the salsa, which is why I was satisfied with only two tacos. (Well, I guess the beer was a filling too.)

Corey and I were able to relax and talk over my lunch break. These days, it feels more like a secret rendez vous because the kids were both at school. We are still working on carving out more time to spend with each other, and lunch dates seem to be the winning trend. He also brought me some of his yummy slow-cooker roast to work yesterday. We were able to hang out on the back patio and talk some more.

I look forward to more Taco Tuesdays. Lunch Dates, Girl's Day Out, or just by myself, it doesn't matter, the tacos will taste wonderful no matter who is with me.

Lunch at Javelina Cantina- $8.00
Balance this pay cycle- $46.00
Happy Spending!

No comments:

Post a Comment