Saturday, April 26, 2014

Wow...

For the first time since I don't know when, I have Fun Dollars left over at the end of two weeks. I guess since dad has been treating us to breakfast, lunch and dinner, I have not been spending as much as I would otherwise. I even have left over ice cream from last Saturday's Fun Dollar purchase that we will be eating as desert tonight.

I think I will dub these left over Fun Dollars as "Bonus Dollars". I will be taking my Bonus Dollars as well as my new installment of Fun Dollars next week on a day trip with the kids. Dad's last day of his visit is on Monday, which is also the day we get our new Fun Dollars. One of the places I have always wanted to take Dad is to McCormick-Stillman Park in Scottsdale. It has a huge (air conditioned) building where the model railroaders have multiple layouts. As a kid, I did model railroading with dad (HO scale for those of you who were wondering.)


The park also has two concession stands, a carousel, and a train that circles the park that you can actually ride. Every time we go down to the valley for Corey's work, I take the kids there. The park is actually across the street from the Azadi store at the corner of Indian Bend and Scottsdale Road. And of course, in addition to the rides and model railroads, there is a fantastic play ground. I can't wait for Monday!

Balance this pay cycle- $15.00

Happy Spending!

No comments:

Post a Comment