Saturday, September 20, 2014

Mommy Daughter Time

Mondays and Wednesdays are now my days at home with Lily. I work Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, dropping her off at daycare on those days. While I really appreciate the time I spend at work, talking with other adults, being creative and earning money, I still relish my days alone with Lily. She is still so young and so sweet. I truly cherish each and every moment with her.

On Mondays, I schedule very little for myself. It's my day to do all the laundry and clean the house for the coming week. So far, my plan has worked. Our house stayed 80% clean with only minimal effort throughout the week. Lily follows me around the house, pretending to sweep, "helping" with the laundry, and reminding me to take breaks by asking to nurse.

This past Monday, I had a few errands to run. I had to drop off the dry cleaning, fill the car up with gas, pick up groceries, and return some over due library material. On the way to the library, I heard Lily shouting from the back seat. I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw her pointing to her open mouth. "You want some num-nums?" I asked? She smiled and nodded her head, delighted that I understood her.



I could have gone home to make something, but I still had to pick up the groceries. I also didn't want to make a kitchen mess on my already full day of cleaning. Since Safeway was part of my errands list, I pulled into the plaza and parked next to Cafe Jose. Lily and I shared brunch together.

I look forward to eating out with Lily regularly. She tends to be more squirly at a restaurant if Carrick is there with her. Carrick behaves just fine, but there's something about him being there that sets Lily off. She crawls under the table, shouts, and throws food more when he's around. So this is time that I get to eat out with my little girl without her acting like a banshee. I used to do this with Carrick when he was younger. It's nice to carry on the tradition.

Lunch out at Cafe Jose- $14.00 with tip
Balance this pay cycle- $18.00
Happy Spending!

No comments:

Post a Comment