Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Rare Treat

Yesterday I had the chance to go shopping with only one kiddo. To be honest, I don't really "shop" that much. When I do, I go to the outlet stores. I have a hard time spending money on clothes. I don't know why. I even majored in fashion merchandising, so you'd think I'd be like a fashionista, but I'm not. I'm far too practical with my purchases. I analyze my wardrobe, "Does this go with what already exists in my closet? Does it flatter my figure? Am I comfortable spending this amount on this piece of clothing?" On and on and on...

I decided that since I was out and about running errands yesterday (cashing a pay check and getting fun dollars as part of that) I would check out a new store that just opened up next to Staples. Urban Gypsies used to be located next to the movie theater and was too cramped for me to shop with a stroller. This new location has ample room. I was surprised that their prices were better than I remembered from the last time I went in. I ended up getting something from the "vintage" rack. I would hardly call it vintage, but the price was right and it fit my curves just right. Also, it has a V-neck so I can nurse with this top on as well. I spent $8.00 on the top.

After that I treated myself to an iced caramel mocha for $3.00

My shopping experience made me realize that I need to branch out and step outside my comfort zone. So I am going to think differently with how and where I spend my fun dollars. There is a new cafe in town I want to check out, an upscale consignment store I want to shop in, and a new tea store that has piqued my curiosity. Enough with the Burger King and Wendy's, these fun dollars are going somewhere local!

Top at Urban Gypsies- $8.00
Caramel Mocha at Starbucks-$3.00

Balance this pay cycle- $60.00

No comments:

Post a Comment