Monday, March 3, 2014

Conclusion

With $4.00 Fun Dollars in my wallet, I bought snacks for Lily and me. We were out shopping later last week using birthday money and a gift certificate (also from my birthday.) Looking back, I think that was the most successful pay cycle of Fun Dollars I have experienced yet this year. I somehow managed to not spend  dime on fast food or alcohol. (The occasional bottle of wine comes through every so often.)

This time around, there was food purchased, yes, but it was thought out and not reactionary food. I knew we would be out shopping and knowing that, I set myself up to grab snacks at places other than fast food joints. Our last food purchase was at Natural Grocers. I tried out the seaweed "chips" and also bought a coconut water for myself. For Lily, I bought a mini bag of animal crackers.

I am very pleased with how this pay cycle went. It is a very rare occurrence that I succeed in NOT purchasing fast food, but I did it! Being proactive, thinking ahead, acting and not reacting played a big part. Beginning with the end in mind, knowing what I wanted out of my day and my shopping experiences also helped. And finally, putting first things first, prioritizing, and buying what was on my lists and sticking to it sealed the deal. No fast food, and I had more money in my pocket.

I hope that whomever is reading this was able to take something useful away from this little glimpse into the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. There are many more facets to what I discussed here. I only touched on the points that apply to my Fun Dollar experience. I encourage each and every one of you to pick up a copy and see for yourself what these Seven Habits are and how they might transform your world, money, communication, personal issues, whatever. Thank you so much for joining me on my journey in spending.

Snack at Natural Grocers- $4.00

Balance this pay cycle- $0.00

Happy Spending!

No comments:

Post a Comment