Monday, March 10, 2014

The Little Things

Last week, I found myself in need of snacks while out and about. I don't like spending my Fun Dollars on snacks, but that is what they are there for. We are given our Fun Dollars so that we are not spending cash out of our general account for "Little Things" because the little things add up quickly. It's when we think, "Oh, it's just a couple of dollars at the gas station for a granola bar and an energy drink," that we actually end up spending more than what is budgeted for those things. So, it's a nice little reminder of why we do Fun Dollars in the first place when I do have those moments of  "weakness" and buy snacks. We do Fun Dollars, so that we are guaranteed not to exceed a given amount for those little things.

Last week, my Little Things list included:

-2 bags of Sun Chips @ Circle K
-Fountain drink (Dr. Pepper/Cocca-Cola mix for those of you who were wondering what my poison of choice is.) @ Circle K
-2 Odwalla bars @ Safeway
- Coconut water @ Safeway
- $1.00 to Carrick to cover the tax on one of his Fun Dollars purchases @ Goodwill

My total spent on these items was a whopping $9.00

Balance this Pay Cycle- $31.00

Happy Spending!


No comments:

Post a Comment